Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Discounted Can Hum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fealty

I will not swear fealty to those who have ruined my family and myself. I see this as noble, and entirely right.

I was not (and am not) their enemy, but given the circumstances, I can hardly count them as friends. The conditions may or may not be right at this time, but I reserve the right to hold aloof my loyalty, to make other allegiances if necessary, and to hope for good things to come to those who are less fearful and paranoid about people with so much to contribute in the future. To me, those who perpetuate horror are not inviolate from judgment.

When I think of the families ruined, when I think of dark skinned people being tortured, when I think of people going abroad to slaughter human beings, then I can hardly bear it, and say to the people around me, that if you don't feel indisposed toward this evil, it will be with us always.

No comments:

Post a Comment