Friday, January 22, 2010

This is from TOI; I can't wait to see this movie. Harrison is a such a multiplicious actor (yes, I made that last adjective up!) and I've always really enjoyed watching his films.

Superstar Harrison Ford got his big break in Hollywood while he was on his knees doing a carpentry job for filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola and the actor believes there is nothing better than the profession to get into showbiz.

It was when Ford was first noticed by director George Lucas, who gave the actor a break with Star Wars.

The 67-year-old actor, who plays Dr Robert Stonehill, a eccentric research scientist in Extraordinary Measures, a film based on Indian writer Geeta Anand's novel The Cure, says it was perseverance and tenacity that helped him survive in Hollywood.

"There is no way into acting; it's impossible. I knew that from the beginning. It's statistically impossible to make it happen. What is going to make it happen is luck and tenacity. I never made a living until I was 35 years old," Ford said in a statement.

"But one thing I knew and recognised was that people around me were giving up and going home. I just, quietly, never gave up."

Ford, who is the number one box office star of all time, is known for getting the top billing for his movies but he listed co-star Brendan Fraser's name for the medical drama on top.

It is the first time since 1983's Return of the Jedi that Ford has not received top billing for a film.

'Extraordinary Measures' will be released in India in March by Sony Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment