Saturday, May 8, 2010

J't'adore

If I could write a historical novel about any topic, most certainly I would chose it to be the daring story of Beatrice of Naples, who journeyed for months and months with immense courage on the back roads of Europe and eastern Europe, peopled by brigands, thieves and other imminent wayfaring dangers, to eventually meet and marry her betrothed, Mathias Corvinus of Hungary.

This absolutely splendid tale, which wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatrice_of_Naples makes no note of, has utterly intrigued me from the moment that I first heard of it. I would particularly adore writing about Matthias because of his fabulous library, said to be one of the most vaunted in the world at the time of his reign. Indeed, Mathias Corvinus was most decidedly a man after my own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment