Monday, May 17, 2010

What I really wanted to do tonight was find some more information on Estes' O Erdoban, She of the Woods. All I could locate on the web, however, was some really plodding information about a few trees. It was almost like trying to look for a naiad, which is a water sprite- you look into the ocean and the creature is transparent! Or looking for the faeries below. Clearly most mortals aren't privy to this knowledge, unless of course they can actually read Hungarian.

But then I stumbled on the wonderful Babel Matrix. I wish that they would expand it to the entire world- wouldn't that be amazing? But I loved its mission statement for Europe: unity in diversity. At any rate, Lakshmi, who is always with me, smiled, just a little, not too much, but just enough, and I got given the fab live slice of life below.

by Party Nagy Lagos.

Holdbanán (Hungarian)

banánon élek mint a hold
mondta és lassan elcsúszott
zakója ujja kréta volt
a szíve héj száraz lucsok
tűzoltó volt egy hajnalon
sivatag volt és flórián
törődj velem mert hajlanom
nincs ki elé és ki után
mondta és zárvány lett megint
átnézni rajtam semmi ok
s már önnön kis lupéja volt
én így végződöm rendszerint
a héjon élek mint a hold
mondta és lassan elcsúszott



Bananamoon (English)

I live on bananas like the moon
he said and slowly slipped away
his jacket sleeve was of crayon
his heart a rind of dry purée
one dawn he was a fireman
a desert and a florian
look after me for I incline
before nobody nor behind
he said a xenolith once more
there is no need to look through me
and reproduced a tiny loupe
that’s how I finish usually
live on the peel just like the moon
he said and slowly slipped away

No comments:

Post a Comment