Friday, August 21, 2009

Post Secret is a website that posts people's deepest, darkest secrets, that have been sent to them anonymously on rectangular post cards, often with pictures and graphics. I became interested in what was posted here after watching an MTV music video in which the All-American Rejects hold up all sorts of shocking post secrets to the camera. Along with, "I want to kill my mother" and other stigmatizing deviancy, someone held up- you guessed it- "I am a virgin".

Here are some more recent PostSecrets that I have discovered:

9084.) I'm eighteen years old, and I've never had a relationship that lasted longer than a month. Also, I've been single for the last two years. And I'm a virgin.

8661.) i give myself hickeys and make up boyfriends just so my friends think i've had a boyfriend. truth be told, in my 16 years of life i've never had a boyfriend, never kissed a boy, never been on a date, and never even held a boys hand, but my friends think i've had several boyfriends, & i'm no longer a virgin. i can't tell them the truth because i'm afraid they are going to walk away.

8514.)I want to lose my virginity so I don't have to worry about losing it anymore

8417.) For the past 4 years I lied that I WASN'T a virgin. I still am. And I have never kissed a girl.

8352.) I'm a virgin. I've never had a boyfriend. I've never been on a date. I've never been kissed. I'm 19.

8229.) I always said to myself that I wouldn't get attatched to the person that took my virginity. I feel like a complete fool now. I know I'm just a joke to you and it crushes me.

8088.) I'm 18 years old, I had my first kiss in 9th grade with a girl.
The first kiss with a guy last year, and in the same year I lost my virginity, and then I had a threesome and I was the other girl, and then I rebounded with another guy who had a girlfriend. And I’ve never had a boyfriend, Its been six months and now I put up and even bigger wall because when I found out I was the other girl it killed me.

Now I put up an even bigger wall to prevent myself from getting hurt. I don’t regret any of it happening, I just wish someone would find me good enough to take in public and make their girlfriend and to treat me like I’m not invisible.

He doesn’t know how much he hurt me, and I know everyone thinks I’m over it and past it all which partially I am. But its hard to recover from something like that. I lost so much of myself and the respect of others.

7907.) I lost my virginity to a man that I knew for less than 12 hours. I laugh about it, but really, I've never felt more alone in my life. I just wish that that smile meant something still...

No comments:

Post a Comment