Friday, April 24, 2009

David Suzuki: You know Michael Ignatieff was the first person to propose a carbon tax, before Dion. Now with Dion's disastrous presentation, guess what? Michael Ignatieff's backed off that -- now he is courting the tar sands. He claims he's an environmentalist!

Howard Green: So I would assume you would not support him as Prime Minister?

David Suzuki: Well I would say I got to talk to this guy before he starts running for Prime Minister. He told me before he ran to be the leader the first time -- he told me that the environment was a high priority for him.

Well, Mr. Ignatieff, if it is, why have you backed away from the carbon tax? Well of course it was a disaster. And why is that you are now courting the tar sands as part of the economic engine of the country? It's crazy.

Why IS Michael courting the tar sands? Aren't they horrible for the environment? Does the Liberal party care about the environment? Does it care about innocent civilians? I think it cares about Sri Lanka and not about Lebanon. I think. Does it care about asbestos poisoning? I thought it did, but now it doesn't.

Does it care about Bagram? Well, at least on that single question, I know the answer ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment